Application Deadline: January 31st 2017
Summer Internship (June–September)
The application period for the Summer Internship is December 1–January 31 each year.
The World Bank Group Internship offers highly motivated and successful individuals an opportunity to improve their skills while working in a diverse environment. Interns generally find the experience to be rewarding and interesting.
- To be eligible for the internship, candidates must possess an undergraduate degree and already be enrolled in a full-time graduate study program (pursuing a Master’s degree or PhD with plans to return to school in a full-time capacity). Generally, successful candidates have completed their first year of graduate studies or are already into their PhD programs.
- This internship typically seeks candidates in the following fields: economics, finance, human development (public health, education, nutrition, population), social science (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment, private sector development, as well as other related fields. Fluency in English is required. Prior relevant work experience, computing skills, as well as knowledge of languages such as French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, and Chinese are advantageous.
- The Bank Group pays an hourly salary to all interns and, where applicable, provides an allowance towards travel expenses.
- Interns are responsible for their own living accommodations.
- Most positions are located in Washington, D.C. (some positions are offered in country offices) and are a minimum of four weeks in duration.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the World Bank Group Summer Internship Program 2017