ViMP is designed as a one-week intensive session to introduce select members of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) to different facets of managing a business, making crucial business decisions and developing skills for Management.
The goal of ViMP is to prepare NYSC members for the world of business as managers and entrepreneurs. This opportunity is designed to expose future business leaders to the responsibilities, opportunities, and demands of a career in management.
The week-long program led by facilitators from The Lagos Business School (LBS), includes stimulating classroom sessions, case studies, panel discussions, networking, study groups, guest speakers and recreation, culminating in a strategy workshop, during which the participants will present solutions to real world case studies.
ViMP rivals mini-MBA’s of the world’s top business schools with case studies focusing on Business Ethics, Accounting & Finance, Marketing, Strategy, Social Enterprise, General Management, Leadership and Entrepreneurship. Participants also engage in a community service project at local primary schools. Accommodation, housing and transportation are provided by JAN.
“The biggest impact the ViMP (Venture into Management) had on me was a validation of the direction I was taking; after the program, I was absolutely convinced I had taken a direction that resonated with my biggest strengths and raw affinities. Additionally, I met like-minded individuals who I continue to network and partner with in driving some of my personal development projects. ViMP was super useful!”
Emmanuel iruobe ViMP 2015 participant.
* Applicant must be a serving Youth Corper, or just finished (October 2016)
* Must be 27 years or younger (Born 1989 or later)
* Must have excellent academic records
* Possess proven interest in general management
* Have a track-record of leadership
* Participation in JAN E-learning course will be an added advantage to be shortlisted for the program, Please go to JAN E-LEARNING and take one of our courses.
Complete Application Kit:
- Completed application form
- Proof of service