The University of Edinburgh Business School is delighted to offer up to six fully funded Doctoral scholarships for the year 2017. Students all nationalities are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
The University of Edinburgh Business School enjoys a long tradition of teaching and research. The School offers undergraduate, postgraduate and executive education programmes in business and management and provides a platform for research, discussion and debate on a wide range of business issues. The University of Edinburgh Business School is in the top 1% of business schools in the world to hold triple accreditation.
Applicants have or will have achieved the minimum required score in one of University’s accepted English language tests.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Doctoral programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the following subjects:
Scholarship Award: The Business School offers up to six fully funded scholarships across any area of study within the doctoral programme. Scholarships of £14,500 value per year plus fees over 4 years will be awarded.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: Entry to the PhD programme is competitive, and usually requires that applicants have the following minimum qualifications:
- Normally a postgraduate master’s degree from an accredited institution in the UK or overseas (we accept applications from those still currently studying for a master, but any offer will be conditional on successful completion at the required standard).
- Evidence of above-average academic achievement (more than 65% overall) and normally a postgraduate master’s dissertation with distinction (UK equivalent). MBA or master’s students without a dissertation are welcome to apply and should normally provide evidence of distinction level work (UK equivalent).
- Your official transcript and grading scheme must be provided when you submit your application.
Nationality: Students all nationalities are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Normally a postgraduate master’s degree from an accredited institution in the UK or overseas (we accept applications from those still currently studying for a master, but any offer will be conditional on successful completion at the required standard).
English language Requirements: If English is not your first language, you will need to satisfy one of the following requirements:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): 7.0 (with no score lower than 6.0 in each section)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)iBT: 100 (with scores no lower than 20 in each section)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE):67 (with at least 56 in each of the “Communicative Skills” sections)
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): an overall score of 185 (with no less than 169 in each skill)
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE): an overall score of 185 (with no less than 169 in each skill)
- Trinity Integrated Skills in English (ISE): ISE III with a pass in all four components
How to Apply: Applications can only be accepted via our online application portal. By following the links below, you will be redirected to the relevant application page within the University website in order to begin the process. Before your application can be completed, you will need to supply supporting documents.
As part of the application process, you will be required to upload the following supporting documents:
- Degree certificates and transcripts, including the grading scheme.
- A research proposal
- Contact details for two academic referees or two academic written references
- Evidence of English-language competence (for applicants whose first language is not English). Accepted certificates are found in entry requirements.
- Justification for part-time study (if applying for this mode of study)
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is May 1, 2017.