Are you a recent graduate or enrolled in a graduate program? Are you interested in making a difference in environmental research and policy? Do you have a commitment towards addressing issues of international importance related to water, environment and health? If so, then the UNU-INWEH Internship Programme could be for you!
UNU-INWEH interns have come from Canada, France, India, Mali, Mexico, Pakistan, the United Kingdom, the USA, and elsewhere. UNU-INWEH provides interns a chance to work in an international environment and experience first-hand the operations of the United Nations. In this volunteer program, interns interact with staff members and contribute towards UN water research and training projects conducted in developing countries. To see the kind of activities that interns get to contribute to,
Interns are recruited through a competitive application process through (1) specific vacancy announcements (listed on the vacancies page)or (2) unsolicited applications (open). All interns are required to make a 3-month (minimum) to 6-month (maximum) full-timecommitment.
- Academic Qualifications & Fields of Interest: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in an area relevant to UNU-INWEH’s field of work.
- Languages: excellent spoken and written English; knowledge of other UN languages is an asset.
- Computer skills: ability to use office-related software (Microsoft Office) and hardware (PC).
- Attitude: awareness and ability to adapt to a multicultural environment and a commitment to international public service are essential. Applicants should demonstrate good communication skills and show initiative and flexibility.
- Availability: the duration of an internship is a minimum of three months (full-time).
- Insurance: proof of insurance coverage for the entire period of the internship.
Terms & Conditions:
- There is no fixed start date for internships. Internship start-dates are defined on the basis of the respective programme/project requirements.
- The duration of the internship will be at least 3 months with a maximum duration of 6 months.
- Interns are expected to work full time and will be provided office space and facilities as appropriate for their work. UNU-INWEH does not offer any financial assistance for the internship and all candidates are required to indicate means of support for the duration of the internship.
How to Apply
Interns are recruited through a competitive application process through (1) specific vacancy announcements (listed on our vacancies page) or (2) unsolicited applications (open). Both require a 3-month (minimum) to 6-month (maximum) full-time commitment.
To apply to the UNU-INWEH Internship Programme, complete the following steps:
- Ensure you satisfy the Eligibility Criteria.
- Fill out all five of the required application documents.
- Email or fax your application to the UNU-INWEH Internship Coordinator.
- Only complete applications (i.e., containing all five required documents) will be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Your internship application will be considered valid for 12 months from the submission date.
- If applicants do not receive a response within 12 months of submission, the application has not been retained.
WHERE DO I SEND MY INTERNSHIP APPLICATION?
(1) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- (Subject Line: “INTERNSHIP APPLICATION, Your Last Name, Your First Name”)
(2) Fax: +1 905 667 5510
- (Cover Page Subject Line: “INTERNSHIP APPLICATION, Your Last Name, Your First Name”)
For More Information: