Application Deadline: 15 February 2017.
How do you interpret natural resource governance in Africa – the theme of the 6th Tana Forum? This year’s theme examines 5 natural resources: extractive resources, land use, in-land water resources, resources of the sea, and forests and biodiversity. One of the most important and contentious issues Africa currently faces in the natural resource sector is how to reverse the misfortunes of exploitation and ‘bring governance back’ in ensuring that benefits accruing from the continent’s providential endowments create new opportunities and positive multiplier effects for citizens and the state.
“[Over] the last 60 years, in any particular year, between 40 and 60 per cent of ongoing internal armed conflicts have been linked to natural resources” (AfDB, 2016).
Enter between now and 15 February 2017 to stand a chance to display your artwork to leaders and decision makers working on peace and security in Africa. The top 10 pieces will be displayed and the winner with the most votes will be invited (all expenses covered) to participate in the 6th Tana Forum on 22-23 April 2017.
- The competition will run from 15 December 2016 to 15 February 2017.
- Open to African nationals.
- Submissions are limited to one entry per person.
- Submissions must be the original work of the artist.
- All art mediums are eligible: Paintings, drawings, photographs, sculptures, videos (no longer than 10 minutes), poems, etc.
- Artists are responsible for all related shipping costs.
- Sculptures and other 3-dimensional submissions must be no larger than 75x115x75cm and weigh no more than 10kg.
- Photographs must be high-resolution (minimum 2340×3280 pixels).
- Paintings/drawings/photographs are limited to 60x90cm and must be unframed and rolled in a protective casing upon submission.
- All submissions must include a digital photograph for the online voting page.
- Artists may include a photo of their artwork for use on the online voting page.
- Submissions can be made online email@example.com or sent by post to the address below:
Attention: Dr. Tigist Yeshiwas
Tana Forum Secretariat
Institute for Peace and Security Studies
Addis Ababa University
P.O. Box 1176
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- The competition will close on 15 February 2017.
- All entries will be open to public vote and the artist with the most votes on 1 March 2017 will be declared the winner.
For More Information: