NeXttel Startup Challenge is a competition for startups organized by neXttel. The competition will run from December 20, 2016 to February 19, 2017, with a financial allocation of 1 million FCFA for the first place and 500,000 FCFA each for the 2nd and 3rd place, as well as the presentation of their projects at the “Promote” event in front of business leaders and thousands of visitors.
Conditions of participation
The competition is open to all startups based in Cameroon and having the documents required for the exercise of their activities. (Taxpayer card, business license etc …
The ideas / projects must be sent as from Tuesday 20 December 2016 via the competition website nsc.nexttel.cm and before 13 January 2017, deadline for applications.
Conduct of the competition
At the end of this first stage of project submission which runs from December 20, 2016 to January 13, 2017, the submitted projects will be examined by a jury which will have to retain the 06 best for the second round.
For the second stage, each of the 06 finalists selected by the Jury will have to present their projects to the Jury on a date that will be communicated to them in advance. At the end of the second round, the jury will have to designate three(03) winning projects.
Project Selection Criteria
- 1. Innovation.
- The project must be innovative, that is, it must bring a plus to the existing if not to be completely revolutionary.
- 2. Tested and proven.
- 3. The project must have an impact on a wide range of people (young students, employees) etc …
- 4. The project must be exploitable in the short term between 3 and 6 months.
- 5. The project must be circumcised in the field of ICT. Using as a medium telecom services (telephone, internet, big data etc …
- 6. The business plan submitted must be clear, precise, in the formats word (.doc, .docx), powerpoint (.ppt, .pptx) or pdf (.pdf) and must not exceed 10 pages.
How to participate ?
Register here by filling out the form with all the required information and your business plan.
You will receive a message confirming your registration on the platform by mail. The projects received will be analyzed and evaluated and then 06 will be chosen to be presented.
If you are chosen, prepare yourself for a live presentation of your project. At the end of these presentations, you will be evaluated by the jury for a second time and three (03) projects will be retained as winning.
If you are a winner, prepare yourself to receive one (01) million FCFA for the first, and 500 (five hundred) thousand FCFA each for the second and the third, and be ready to present your project to business leaders and thousands of visitors at the “PROMOTE” event.