It federates about 700 researchers from 12 research units of Western French universities and institutions: Université de Bretagne occidentale (UBO), Université de Bretagne-Sud (UBS), Université de Nantes, Ifremer, CNRS, IRD and École centrale Nantes.
All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
Course Level: Fellowships are available for the postdoctoral research programme.
Study Subject: Fellowships allow young scientists to propose their own research project in marine sciences (within the LabexMER research axes) to be carried out in one or several LabexMER laboratories.
Scholarship Award: The postdoctoral appointment is for a period of two years. Recipients of the awards will receive a net salary of about 2200€ per month. In addition, support is available for travel expenses, equipment, and supplies. Work contract will include national health and dental insurance, as well as retirement and unemployment benefits.
Scholarship can be taken in the France
Eligibility: In order to be eligible, applicants must have received their doctoral degree within the past 3 years at the closing date of the call. This condition of 3 years maximum after the thesis is considered either from the defence date or the graduation date (most advantageous case) and can be extended in special cases (maternity, illness …). Applicants showing more than 3 years after thesis (maximum 3 years + 6 months) will be considered if they can provide a support letter from one member of the LabexMER Scientific Committee.
Nationality: International young scientists can apply for these postdoctoral fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have received their doctoral degree.
English Language Requirement: All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
How to Apply: Application is exclusively made on-line via the LabexMER website. The candidates will submit an original research project relevant to one of the Labex research priorities, and propose collaboration with a local host. The local host(s) should be affiliated to one of the LabexMER laboratories and be responsible for providing adequate office and laboratory space for the duration of the postdoctoral tenure. Communication with one or several potential LabexMER hosts prior to submitting an application is strongly encouraged. In addition to the formal application form, the following are required:
- Transcripts of the applicant’s complete undergraduate and graduate records (including up to date transcripts from the applicant’s current university for those who have not yet completed their PhD).
- A current CV or resume that shows educational background and works experiences;
- A brief synopsis of the applicant’s doctoral dissertation (one page abstract);
- A research project (no longer than three pages, including references) describing research interests, in particular, those that the applicant would like to pursue within the LabexMER Axis, as well as more general career plans and how a postdoctoral tenure within any of the Labex laboratories would complement their existing experience and preparation.
- A minimum of three recommendation letters (see Annex II file) are also requested. Since LabexMER do not systematically contact referees to request letters, the candidate should direct their reference writers to the LabexMER administrator
Application Deadline: The deadline for applications is April 15, 2017.