The University of Leeds is accepting applications for Doctoral Scholarships. There are a number of fully funded places for 2017 entry, available across all disciplines, open to the UK and international applicants.
The University of Leeds is a redbrick university located in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. Originally named the Yorkshire College of Science and later simply the Yorkshire College, it incorporated the Leeds School of Medicine and became part of the federal Victoria University alongside Owens College (which eventually became the University of Manchester) and University College Liverpool (which became the University of Liverpool).
Applicants must meet the English language requirements of their programme of study if English is not their first language (UK/EU applicants – prior to or at registration; international applicants – by the relevant scholarship deadline).
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing doctoral degree programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are available across all disciplines.
Scholarship Award: Successful applicants will receive payment to cover their University tuition fees up to three years, along with a maintenance grant matching the Research Council UK rate (£14,296 for 2016/17).
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: To be eligible students must
- Be a UK/EU or International fee paying applicant
- Have achieved at least a First Class (1) Honours degree or equivalent* at undergraduate level
- Not have already been awarded or be currently studying for a doctoral degree
- Not already be in receipt of a doctoral scholarship
- Have submitted a research degree application form and be in receipt of a student ID number
- University welcome scholarship applications from all suitably-qualified candidates, but UK black and minority ethnic (BME) researchers are currently under-represented in our Postgraduate Research community, and we would therefore particularly encourage applications from UK BME candidates. All scholarships will be awarded on the basis of merit.
Nationality: Scholarships are open to the UK and international applicants.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have achieved at least a First Class (1) Honours degree or equivalent at undergraduate level.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must meet the English language requirements of their programme of study if English is not their first language (UK/EU applicants – prior to or at registration; international applicants – by the relevant scholarship deadline).
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Application Deadline: The application deadlines are
- For Engineering: January 31, 2017
- For Biological Sciences, Education, Social Sciences and Law, Environment, Medicine and Health: March 10, 2017
- For Arts, Humanities and Cultures, Business, Mathematics and Physical Sciences: June 1, 2017