Application Deadline: 31st January 2017
The cultural innovation international prize is a biennial competition organised by the Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona (hereafter CCCB) with the aim of incentivising projects that explore the potential cultural scenarios of the coming years.
The Prize seeks to foster contexts and provide the tools to harness the creative and innovative potential of the community. It provides a new space for contemporary
creation and the dissemination of projects with the purpose of developing imaginative solutions to the cultural challenges of the 21st century.
The theme of the second call for entries (2016-2017 Prize) is climate change. Entrants for the Prize must present a culturally innovative, consciousness-raising project about this theme. The project must empower the community and actively involve them in embracing values of environmental responsibility.
The winning project will be featured in the activities included in the exhibition «After
the End of the World» (provisional title) which will run at the CCCB from October
2017 to March 2018.
The following persons are eligible to enter for the Prize:
• Natural persons aged 18 or over living in any country. They may enter individually or as a group.
• Non-profit legal persons (foundations, associations, cooperatives…) resident in any country.
• A group consisting of any of the above. The following are not eligible to enter for
• Employees of the CCCB, members of the Jury and Technical Commission.
• For-profit legal persons.
• Public administrations or any associated bodies.
• Winners of the previous prizes.
- The CCCB will award an amount of 20,000 € for the execution of the prizewinning project.
- This amount will be divided between production costs and the fees and expenses incurred for curatorial duties by the author or representative (up to 7,000 €, including VAT). This prize involves no direct financial reward for the winner.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Cultural Innovation International Prize 2017