Deadline: December 15, 2016
Location: Peking University in Beijing, China.
Date: March 23-26, 2017.
Type: Fully Funded.
Organizer: Yenching Academy in Beijing, China.
Applications are invited for the Yenching Global Symposium, the flagship event of Yenching Academy hosted at Peking University in Beijing, China. Applications for the 2017 symposium are now open.
The Yenching Global Symposium is a fully-funded event that brings together people from different fields and across generations with a common interest in China. Individuals under the age of 30 by the start of the conference are eligible. The four-day event will feature engaging speakers and interactive events on the topic of XINNOVATION: Identity of Innovation in China. The conference will be hosted on March 23-26, 2017.
Yenching Academy offer ambitious students and young professionals from around the world the opportunity to come to China and be inspired by:
- a diverse body of global scholars from leading universities,
- innovation leaders, sharing their passion for social entrepreneurship,
- speakers from renowned universities, enterprises, and international organizations.
The Symposium is a platform for connecting leaders on China, across generations and between disciplines. It will help connect you with inspiring, likeminded peers as well as leading experts who share your interest in China. These interactions will take place at Peking University, China’s top university.
As a delegate, you will have the opportunity to share your experiences with innovation while collaboarting with others to generate fruitful exchange and construct frameworks for action on China’s most challenging issues.
Finally, we cover all expenses of your round-trip flight, accommodation, and meals for the duration of the Symposium.
If you are selected as a delegate, the Yenching Global Symposium will cover your return flight tickets, accommodation, and meals for the duration of the event. Delegates have to bear visa expenses (if any) and are advised to carry some money for personal expenses, sightseeing, etc.
- To apply, delegates must be under 30 years old.
- China Scholars: Graduate or postgraduate students (Master’s level or higher) in any field of study at a Chinese university. Students should be fluent in English, and have a demonstrated interest in the role of innovation in China.
- Global Scholars: Graduate or postgraduate students (Master’s level or higher) in any field of study at a university. Students must have a strong demonstrated interest in the role of innovation in China.
- Innovation Leaders: Young professionals with a strong demonstrated interest in China, demonstrated leadership skills, and a commitment to the goals of innovation.
- Submit a CV;
- Completed application form;
- Non-native speakers of English must also include their TOEFL/IELTS scores in their applications.