Application Deadline: January 13th 2017
University of California, Berkeley
Three-week Certificate Program
July 7 – July 28, 2017
Partial scholarships available for qualified candidates
The Beahrs Environmental Leadership Program (ELP) at the University of California, Berkeley
, offers a unique learning opportunity for mid-career practitioners and decision-makers to broaden their knowledge and perspectives on environmental and natural resource science, policy, management, and leadership.
Through exposure to innovative sustainability approaches and dialogue, ELP participants develop the tools and skills necessary to meet environmental goals that also reduce poverty and social conflict. Established in August 2000 with seed funding from UC Berkeley alumni Carolyn and Richard Beahrs, the ELP offers an annual three week summer certificate course at UC Berkeley, and coordinates the Berkeley ELP Alumni Network with 615 members from over 110 countries. The ELP also supports post-training conservation and sustainable development collaborative projects with alumni, their organizations and the UC Berkeley community of faculty, staff, and students.
- Proficiency in English to allow full participation in course discussions;
- A resumé that demonstrates strong professional experience and leadership potential;
- Affiliation with an institution concerned with environmental management/sustainable development.
- UC Berkeley certificate in Sustainable Environmental Management
• Enhanced capacity to develop solutions that balance environmental, economic, and social equity objectives.
• Strengthened skills for communicating ideas, facilitating multi-stakeholder processes, and leading social change
• Lifetime membership in the world-wide Berkeley ELP Alumni Network
• Eligibility to apply for the Buck Kingman Initiative to receive funding for collaborative projects with UC Berkeley faculty
Please apply online at http://beahrselp.berkeley.edu/training/application2016/
Complete applications include ALL of the following: submitted and signed Application answering ALL questions and forms, resume or curriculum vitae, and a signed reference letter.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Beahrs Environmental Leadership Program (ELP) 2017