Application Deadline: February 5th 2017
The Barclays accelerator program is now accepting applications from innovative entrepreneurs in the African fintech industry.Barclays Africa Group is partnering with Techstars for this year’s program.
10 fintech startups will get the opportunity to participate in a 13-week program beginning in May 2017, that will take place in the Rise fintech innovation hub in Woodstock, Cape Town. They will also get the opportunity to scale globally through Rise sites in London, New York, Mumbai, Tel Aviv and Vilnius.
The selected startups will enjoy mentorship and guidance from Barclays Group’s customer, product and technology teams, as well as access to technical expertise in a collaborative community working space. They will also get a lifetime membership to the prestigious Techstars alumni communities, and the opportunity to pitch their business to the influential tech community.
An intensive 13-week programme designed to accelerate your start-up:
As well as getting unprecedented access to the network and knowledge base, successful applicants will also gain invaluable insights from some of the smartest minds in the start-up and FinTech worlds.
- Introductions and guidance from key decision makers at Barclays, who are looking for innovative solutions
- Mentoring from leading entrepreneurs and FinTech industry experts
- Up to $120,000 investment from Techstars (depending on location), as well as other corporate perks
- Access to technical expertise in a dynamic and collaborative community working space with cutting-edge resources
- The opportunity to pitch your business to the influential tech community
- Lifetime membership of the prestigious Techstars alumni community
- A startup with capability in machine learning, lending, digital banking solutions, trading, cyber security, data analytics, payments, cryptocurrency, insurance, wealth management and beyond!
- A great team, with business and technical capabilities from anywhere in the world
- A commitment to develop your startup and be based full-time at our accelerator sites for the 13 week programme
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Barclays Africa Fintech Accelerator Program 2017