Deadline: 8 March 2017
Applications are open for 2017 Technovation Challenge in partnership with Google’s Made with Code and UN Women in order to learn and apply the skills needed to solve real-world problems through technology. Technovation offers girls around the world the opportunity to learn the necessary skills to become tech entrepreneurs and leaders.
Girls ages 10 to 18 learn to identify a problem in their community and create a mobile app solution to address that problem, and then learn how to communicate these ideas and translate them into a fully launched business.
The Technovation program takes students through 4 stages of launching a mobile app startup, inspired by the principles of design thinking: Ideation, Technology, Entrepreneurship, and Pitch.
The problem your app solves should fall into one of the following categories.
Over the course of the project applicants will learn how to:
- Create an app prototype with MIT App Inventor
- Conduct market research and financial analysis
- Carry out effective business planning
- Anyone can access and use Technovation’s free online curriculum.
- Technovation is inviting teams of girls from all over the world.
- All girls up to age 18 may enter the official Technovation competition.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, visit Technovation Challenge.